About this Blog

Tuesday 13 January 2015

Home Sweet Home

Hi all , today I am bring you one of my picture tutorials , I missed doing one in December unfortunately as I was so busy , but am back on track again now.

Today I am showing you how I made a Home Sweet Home hanging sign using the fabulous Bella Boutique collection.


  For this hanging sign , you need 3 MDF panels with holes in all 4 corners, card and elements from the Bella Boutique collection and some ribbon.

 Firstly draw round one of the MDF panels onto 3 coordinating pieces of card , carefully marking the holes in the corners. Cut out and punch out the holes.

Use a strong glue to secure the card onto the MDF.

 On the top panel I had used some card which had a row of houses along the bottom , I then cut 2 extra out , mounted on foam pads and adhered to 2 of the houses on the card to create a raised image.

 From the patchwork background card , I cut out the Home Sweet Home squares, mounted them on foam pads and adhered to the middle panel.

 On the bottom panel , I used some of the tree elements and also a larger house image.

 I then cut a length of coordinating ribbon , and threaded through the holes in the panels to hang them all together.


And here is the finished sign, an ideal gift for someone who has just moved.

I hoped you enjoyed my tutorial , another member of the Kanban team will be with you soon , and I will be here again in February with another tutorial for you.

Happy Crafting
Fran xx

No comments:

Post a Comment